Tuesday, January 10, 2012

BCS Championship

Last night was the "anticipated" rematch between Alabama and LSU. I, for one, was not happy about the rematch. The first meeting was one of the most boring games I have ever watched, with absolutely no offense and terrible special teams from Alabama. The rematch was pretty much take two of the same movie. LSU had no offense, and Alabama couldn't finish a drive to save their life. On the first decent special teams play for Alabama, they lost their playmaker Marquis Maze to a hamstring injury. Ironic, huh? Jordan Jefferson of LSU had a terrible game, not being able to pass at all, which affected his running ability. He also made some bad decisions that lead me to question why Les Miles didn't go to Jarrett Lee. Lee is the better passer and LSU needed to get the ball down field late in the game. I will give credit to the Alabama defense. They were punishing last night and looked very much like an NFL defense. It would be interesting to see how their defense would compare to a mid-tear NFL team. Overall, I was bored out of my mind watching this game. I was more interested in the ESPN film Unguarded on ESPN2. I want the national championship to be a game where it goes back and forth, much like the Rose Bowl between USC and Texas for the national championship. That might be the greatest national championship ever played and unfair to judge against, but really? 8 quarters of play between these two teams this year that ended up with one touchdown and 10 field goals. Talk about a snore fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment