Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Is it Baseball Season Yet?

The beautiful weather the last couple days got me thinking. Is it almost time for baseball? America's pastime is my favorite game, and I've been itching to get back on the field. Nothing beats a nice summer day going to the ballpark to play a double header. The freshly mowed grass under your feet, the variety of flavors of sunflower seeds in your mouth, and shouting out quick phrases like "here we go kid" all make the summer truly special. Baseball is one of those games that takes the stress out of life and allows you to kick back and enjoy a beautiful sunny day. Baseball has given me some of the best friends of my life and being able to play USSSA baseball with them was the best. We were traveling all around the state and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I love that baseball isn't very physically demanding and that you can play it for a long time. Going to baseball games is just as fun. Even though the Kernels aren't a very big-market team, they are fun to watch and entertaining. Plus tickets are cheap so it's something I would love to do a couple times a week. Baseball is just one of those sports that is indescribable about how it can make you feel and the enjoyment it brings. Is it baseball season yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment