Tuesday, January 10, 2012

T.G.F.F

T.G.F.F- thank god for fantasy. I really do not like the NBA at all, but because of fantasy I follow it now. A couple of my friends wanted to get a fantasy league going, and I joined because what else is there to do in the winter in Iowa? Now the worst professional sport has some meaning. It's kind of interesting getting to know how each players earns your team points. It gives people a reason for caring about stats in the defense-less NBA. It basically comes down to who can hog the ball most and score the most points. Not really a good reason to want players to do well, but it'll do for now. Fantasy is fun because you're going up against your friends, and nothing is better than being able to talk trash to your friends and beat them in a game. Maybe fantasy will change my mind on the NBA, but probably not. There's too many cry babies that get way over payed for putting a ball in a circle. Thank god for fantasy, though. Visit divisblogtalk.blogspot.com for his input.

1 comment:

  1. This might be a good idea for a magazine spread, too --- people who are crazy about their fantasy sports leagues. Also, how do you get started doing this.... I mean, if I wanted to try it (and i'm pretty clueless on this topic, other than watching The League every once and awhile) what do you recommend I do to get started with participating in a League? Is there a League for Dummies? : ) Maybe a nice 'how to' column could be useful, too.

    ReplyDelete