Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Super Bowl

The Super Bowl looks to be quite promising this year. You have the traditional power in the Patriots against the underdog Giants. Unlike the BCS Championship game, I'm looking foreword to this rematch. It will be interesting to see how much energy the Patriots come to play with after the Giants ruined their perfect season a couple years ago. I'll also be watching the play of Eli Manning. He shown the ability to show up in big games, specifically the playoffs. Now that older brother Peyton seems to be on the decline, it's time for Eli to step up and show he is the elite quarterback in the league. I'll also be rooting for Tyler Sash of the Giants to make some plays on special teams, and maybe get in a little on defense. He is a former Iowa Hawkeye and this is the second straight Super Bowl to have a rookie from Iowa playing. Last year it was Bryan Bulaga of the Packers, who started at Left Tackle. I always like to see the Iowa guys make an impact on a big stage. I think this will be another great game like the one in 2009. Even though the Patriots defense hasn't been very good at some points this year, they've been to the Super Bowl enough to know that there's no holding back. I think the Giants defense will play really tough, as they have throughout the playoffs. I think the game will come down to who has the ball last and which kicker isn't afraid of the spotlight. This is one rematch I can't wait for. Let the hype begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment